Mercer County Elections has three different entities; Board of Elections, County Clerk and the Superintendent/Commissioner of Voter Registration.Please use the following contacts and links to address related questions.
- Receives petitions for all offices except those filed with the Attorney General of municipal clerks, 19:13-3 for general, 19:23-6 for primary
- Designs and prints all election ballots, 19:14-1 for general, 19:23-22.4 primary
- Draws lots for ballot position 19:14-12 for general, 19:23-22.4 for primary
- Prints and furnishes Absentee Ballots, 19:57-8, Emergency Ballots, Provisional Ballots
- Approves or rejects absentee ballot applications,19:57-1
- Prepares list of absentee ballot applications, 19:57-9
- selection of polling places,
- enforcement of Elderly handicapped Accessibility Act, 19:8-2 & 8-3.1
- Creation and maintenance of election districts, 19:4-10 et seq
- Appointment of Challengers, 19:7-2
- Appointment & training of board workers, 19:6-1 & 19:50-1
- Receives, counts, investigates & certifies absentee ballots, 19:57-24&31
- Counts & certifies provisional ballots, 19:53C
- Is the Board of County Canvassers, 19:6-26
- Has police powers to enforce title 19,19:32-21 & 44
- Acts as the County's Commissioner of Registration, 19:31-2
- Acts as custodian of County's voting machines.
- Regulates voter registrations, 19:31-2
- Accepts voter registration applications
- Reviews registration records to assure continued eligibility Investigates provisional ballots, 19:53C
This information and more can be found at mercercounty.org.